Hiking. (OS Explorer 147 map)
- This is an ideal site for walks and hikes of all lengths; for Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers; safe footpaths lead from the site through fields and woods in all directions.
- Beavers and Cubs can enjoy short circular walks of 1 – 5k, the edge of the North Downs, and the North Downs Way, with magnificent views is only 1k away.
- It is a safe 2k walk on footpath and pavement to Biggin Hill for shopping, 3k to the Swimming Pool.
- Scouts can hike 10k on footpaths to the site from Knockholt Station or 15- 20k and a steep climb from Edenbridge station.
- Our District Scout Section participate in a Torchlight challange each year. You can view the map for this hike by clicking here to download the map. You can either follow the route or alter it and devise your own route.
The site comprises of a large field which attracts rabbits and deer (if you are lucky) and woods which contain a badger set and run with squirrels including our white squirrel ( if you are very lucky).
You will hear fox and owls at night.
Short video of the bluebells in the springtime woodlands of Wayland scout – Bluebells
View our YouTube video for more on the local wildlife – WildLife on YouTube