Description of Camping sites.
Campsite Map (click the map for a full-size image)
The main camping field is a level hill top completely surrounded by mature Oaks, Hawthorn and Ash. Immediately between the main building and the flag pole is a wide area we save for games and is generally not bookable for camping.
The remainder of the field is divided into four equal sized bookable camping areas, each large enough for an average pack or troop, one on the entrance side with a public footpath crossing to the side and three on the right of the main building. There is a separate ’hike camp’ site ( ‘Brambles’) in a small clearing.
The whole site and buildings can be booked for large events, otherwise please state which specific sites you wish to book.
Campsite in use
This site is immediately on the left as you enter the field from the car park and extends to the whole width of the field. It has an adjacent tap.
This is the area immediately to the right of the main building, (looking out) adjacent to the small campfire and extends right along to level with the tap and toilet block, and it is as wide as half the field.
This is the half field opposite Oak, to the right of the flagpole with opportunities for kitchen areas under the mature Hawthorns.
This is the entire far right of the field which eventually slopes down into ferns.
Is a new secluded grass site recently cut-out of the scrub, big enough for several hike tents or small troop. It is furthest from the toilets and tap but has a view and access down into the Old Wood. It has 2 permanent places for small cooking gound-fires.
- Vehicles may only be brought onto the camping field with express permission of the Warden
- Woodfires are encouraged for cooking. No ground fires on the main field, half barrels and stands are available.
- Ground fires are allowed in the woods and only small fires in 2 existing trenches at ‘Brambles’.
- Leave spare wood neatly stacked under a tree, not thrown into bushes.
- Axes or Saws must not be taken into the woods, there is a plentiful supply of dead fallen wood.
- ALL Rubbish must be taken away with you.
- GUNS AND ARCHERY are not allowed on site.
- Toilets and Hand Basins must be left clean.
- Quiet must be maintained between 10pm and 7am.
- Wildlife, Plants and Trees should be respected and protected.
- NO FIREWORKS or CHINESE LANTERNS ALLOWED – We are surrounded by farms and livestock and the local farmers help us in many different ways so we do not want to upset them.